General Manager at Hyatt Place – Lincoln, Neb.
At Hyatt Place our purpose is to provide the greatest experience for our guests… That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the Hyatt Place/Hegg Hospitality brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Hyatt Place/Hegg Hospitality we look for people who are welcoming and smart; people who can focus on the things that really matter to our guests and get them right every time. We are looking for a experience and enthusiastic leader as the full-time Hotel General Manager to join our busy and professional team. We pride ourselves in having an outstanding, friendly staff and our guests can’t stop talking about it.
This position is at the Hyatt Place Lincoln/Downtown-Haymarket which is a 7-story building in the heart of the revitalized downtown Lincoln Haymarket entertainment district. There are four levels of public space and guestroom floors and 3 levels of luxury condominiums. The hotel has 108 guestrooms and 3 suites that offer views of the Haymarket: including the Railyard, Canopy Street, and the Pinnacle Bank Arena. The hotel is within a 5 minute walk of Memorial Stadium, Pinnacle Bank Arena, Haymarket Park, and just a short drive to the Bob Devaney Sports Complex. The hotel is located 5 miles/8 minutes from the Lincoln Airport and is 2 blocks from the Amtrak Station. During a guest stay, a Host will happily assist them with orders from our new Gallery Menu, Fresh 24/7, featuring our signature flatbreads, a Make It 2 option and delicious new sandwiches, greens, apps & more. Or you can enjoy specialty Starbucks® coffee, premium beer & wine over friendly conversation at the intimate Bakery Café. This hotel also features an outstanding facilities and services – perfect for small corporate and executive meetings, training classes, group gatherings, wedding guests, social events or reunions.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate initiative and be someone who has a reputation for delivering great service.
The General Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional General Manager in all duties and functions required for efficient operation of this property. This position requires a flexible schedule, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays as business demands. This position reports to the Regional General Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of 2 years prior hotel General Manager operations management experience.
- Proven Revenue Management experience
- Previous proven excellent leadership experience required.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Proven training experience required.
- Exceptional follow-through consisting of strong organizational skills and time management.
- Consistently follow through with guest requests and feedback.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task while prioritizing projects.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Full-time positions qualify for complete benefit package to include:
- Paid vacation / sick time
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Employer matched 401-K retirement plan
- Worldwide hotel employee discounts
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH HEGG COMPANIES, INC., MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN AND A PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION. ANY OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFULLY PASSING THESE COMPANY PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENINGS.
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel General Manager Operations: 2 years (Required)
- Revenue Management: 2 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
Hegg Hospitality is currently accepting applications for all positions at our hotel properties throughout the Midwest. Click here to see all current open positions. Or, download and complete our application and email it along with your resume, to:
Human Resources Manager